Can You Provide a Foster Home for a Needy Cocker Spaniel?
Becoming a CSRNE foster parent can be a very rewarding experience. Some of the rescue cockers come to us with special needs and are not immediately ready for adoption into a permanent home. They need extra time, patience and TLC in order to blossom into wonderful, adoptable companions. Needs may include:
- Help with housebreaking
- Time and care for cockers recovering from surgery
- Special baths and medication for cockers with allergies
- Socialization and obedience training for cockers who have spent too much time in crates or tied out and away from people
- A warm place to rest and lots of love for older cockers who need more time to find their forever homes.
Are you interested in becoming a foster home for a needy cocker? Because the foster parent is so important in helping the rescue cocker make a successful transition to a permanent home, foster parents should be able to provide the following:
- Genuine love and concern for the welfare of the foster cocker and a willingness to learn about its needs
- Time to provide for the cocker’s care and needs
- Socialization of the foster cocker, making him part of your everyday life
- Willingness to take the cocker to obedience classes and/or follow behavioral guidelines when necessary
- Transportation to a CSRNE veterinarian and/or veterinary specialist and groomer
- Attendance at a Foster Home Orientation program
- LOTS of patience and a good sense of humor!
CSRNE retains ownership of the foster cocker and will pay for all medications, veterinary care, special diets, training costs and other approved expenses.
If you’re interested in providing foster care and have questions, please call 603-547-3363 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have room in your heart and the time to help a needy cocker, please complete and mail in the Foster Home Application along with a signed Restraint Agreement. The CSRNE Foster Home Coordinator will contact you and schedule a mutually convenient time for a home visit.
We have several cockers now waiting for a foster family to love and care for them. You can make a tremendous difference in the life of a homeless cocker.
Until further notice if you are snail mailing your application please send it to CSRNE, P.O. Box 162, Greenfield, NH 03047
Applications are also available above in PDF format. These and the word processing documents also can be filled out offline and mailed to the address on the application. However, if you would like an application, email email@example.com and an application will be emailed to you.
Donate to the Joey fund for veterinary care and medical needs - The Joey Fund: